Thursday, August 14, 2014

Hello, stranger..

Hi. It's been awhile. Too long actually. It's been so long that I'm not even sure where to begin. I've left you and my goal on the back burner. I've forsaken you. You haven't been a priority and I'm sorry.

For the past year I've been busy with life. I've been extremely focused at my job, determined to be successful. I haven't always been great at my job and I never really loved or enjoyed my work. The work is draining and to be honest, it's not enjoyable. But I wanted to be good at it. I wanted my coworkers to respect me and my work. So, I made a choice. I DECIDED to be successful. I became focused and extremely aggressive with my job. If I didn't know something, I would look it up and seek the answer. I started to attack workloads without being asked to do so. I took the initiative.

As I took the initiative something amazing happened. I started to enjoy my job. I was learning new things and people were seeking my advice. My confidence level began to soar! I can now say that I like my job and the work I do. Now, I don't want to stay in that position forever but I am content and that is a great feeling.

My personal life has been blooming as well. I've been busy with friends, family and having fun! My nights are filled with Toastmaster meetings, Bible study and dinners with people I love. What can I say--Life is Good!!

While my life has been reaching incredible new heights, something else has been expanding. My waistline. Yep, I've gained about 20 pounds since my last blog post. I knew I gained some weight when my pants were tighter but I didn't realize it was the big 20 until I went to the doctor and stepped on the scale. At first I was embarrassed, then sad, then mad and now disgust. I'm disgusted with the choices I haven't made in regards to myself and my health. I've been so focused with my job and having fun with friends that I lost sight of my ultimate goal; to be healthy and get rid of my granny panties!!

I'm not starting at square one now. I'm starting at negative two. However, I've proved to myself that I can be determined and focused on a goal. I can do this. I can be successful at losing weight and becoming healthy!

Here's to starting over and FINALLY losing those damn granny panties!


No comments:

Post a Comment